Lesson Rates & Polices for Shadow Hills Equestrian Center
To book a lesson, please contact our main office at (213) 761-0549 or via email at
- Lessons must be paid and booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- 24 hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule lessons. There is no make-up or refund for a lesson missed or cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled lesson time.
- Arenas are sealed and closed to riding during rainy weather. Lessons & classes cancelled due to weather will be credited/rescheduled to another day.
- Lessons scheduled for Saturday or Sunday must be paid by 1pm on the Friday prior.
- Able-bodied students are required to tack and groom their own horses and be ready at their lesson start time. Students should plan their arrival time to allow for tacking and grooming.
- Additional time will not be added to your lesson if you are not ready at your scheduled start time.
Lessons for SHEC Riders
All lessons are 45 minutes except otherwise noted
|Lesson Type||# of Riders||Cost|
|Private Lesson Package of 4*||single||$460|
|Private Lesson Package of 10**||single||$1100|
|Private Jumping Lesson||single||$150|
|Private Jumping Lesson Package of 4*||single||$560|
|Private Jumping Lesson Package of 10**||single||$1300|
|Group Lesson||2 or more||$75 / rider|
|Group Lesson Package of 10**||2 or more||$700 / rider|
|Trail Ride Lessons ***||1 or more||$125 / hour / rider|
|Private Horsemanship Class (1 hour)||single||$125|
|Semi-Private Horsemanship Class (1 hour)||2 or more||$75 / participant|
**Prepaid in advance and must be used within 90 days of purchase
***For clients who are currently taking or have taken lessons at SHEC
All New SHEC or Beginning Riders
All new or beginning riders must complete a waiver and basic Horsemanship Class to learn how to tack, groom and to become familiar with the policies and procedures of our facility, regardless of previous experience, before beginning riding lessons.
After completing the Horsemanship Class, you will be able to book your riding lessons. Lessons are given in Bareback (no saddle), Western (saddle has a horn) and English (lighter weight saddle, no horn) disciplines. Lesson prices are above.
You can download the Shadow Hills Equestrian Center Waiver Release here
WEIGHT: SHEC has a weight limit of 200 pounds
You are ALWAYS welcome to come and audit a lesson and meet the instructors.