Lesson Rates & Polices for Shadow Hills Equestrian Center
To book a lesson, please contact our main office at 818-352-2166 or via email at
- Lessons must be paid and booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- 24 notice is required to cancel or reschedule lessons. There is no make-up or refund for a lesson missed or cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled lesson time.
- Arenas are sealed and closed to riding during rainy weather. Lessons & classes cancelled due to weather will be credited/rescheduled to another day.
- Lessons scheduled for Saturday or Sunday must be paid by 1pm on the Friday prior.
- Able-bodied students are required to tack and groom their own horses and be ready at their lesson start time. Students should plan their arrival time to allow for tacking and grooming. Additional time will not be added to your lesson if you are not ready at your scheduled start time.
Lessons for RIDERS
Our riders get results! ETI National Horse Show results!
|Private Lesson (Single Rider)||$75.00||45 minutes|
|Private Lesson Pkg of 4* (Must be used within 4 weeks of purchase)||$280.00||45 minutes each lesson|
|Group Lesson (2 or more Riders)||$55.00 each rider||45 minutes|
|Group Lesson/Pkg of 10* (Prepaid in advance)||$500.00 each rider||45 minutes each lesson|
|Young Riders (Age 4 & Under) Private Lesson||$40.00||30 minutes|
|Trail Ride Lessons(For clients who are taking/have taken lessons at SHEC)||$75.00 each rider||per hour|
All new riders must complete a Waiver and basic Horsemanship lesson to learn how to tack, groom and to become familiar with the policies and procedures of our facility, regardless of previous experience, before beginning riding lessons.
The cost of the Horsemanship Lesson is $75.00 for 45 minutes of instruction.
You can download the Shadow Hills Equestrian Center Waiver Release here
AGE: Able bodied riders must be 8 years old for a full lesson
7 & under will be in 30 minute private lesson or Saturday Group with our SHRC students
WEIGHT: SHEC has a weight limit of 200 pounds.
For Beginning Riders:
You must take and complete 3, one hour Horsemanship Classes in order to tack up your horse and learn about grooming, horse behavior, anatomy, and terminology. Costs for these classes are $65 for private instruction, $50 for semi private and $40 for group.
After completing the Horsemanship Classes, you will be able to book your riding lessons. Lessons are given in Bareback (no saddle), Western (saddle has a horn) and English (lighter weight saddle, no horn) disciplines. Lesson prices are above.
For NEW Novice Riders:
You must take and complete 1 Horsemanship Lesson, after completion you may book your riding lesson.
For NEW Intermediate and Advanced riders: Please call for an assessment lesson in both tacking up and riding. 45 minutes for $55 (one on one) Intermediate & Advanced group is 3-6 students.
You are ALWAYS welcome to come and audit a lesson and meet the instructors.